Be a Part of the Sunny Oasis Family
- Rescue, foster, and place dachshunds
- Do home checks
- Transport dachshunds
- Help with fundraising and educational activities
Do Home Checks: All prospective adopters, as well as prospective foster parents who are going to foster, are visited by a volunteer in their homes, to make sure the home is suitable.
Transport Dachshunds: We always need help transporting rescue dogs to and from foster homes, adopters, shelters, and kennels. Sometimes that means a short trip across town, other times it can mean driving to another state.
Help with Fundraising Activities: Volunteers can help coordinate and staff such local fundraising activities as garage sales and local pet fairs, and can also help manage major group fundraisers, such as selling holiday cards, obtaining grants, and setting up auction sales. We also need members who can come up with creative ideas for fundraisers.
Other Ways To Help
- Visit your local shelters or answer ads in you local newspaper to find dachshunds that can go into rescue
- Obtain commitments from your local veterinarians to provide discounted services for rescue dogs
- Donate supplies:
- Blankets and towels
- Dog food, toys, and treats; coupons for food
- Grooming supplies (shampoo, brushes, etc.)
- Collars and leashes
- Long-distance calling cards
- Cleaning products (pet stain and odor removers, bleach)
- Envelopes and stamps
- Create Sunny Oasis t-shirts or greeting cards to sell as fundraisers
- Make dachshund-related craft items Sunny Oasis can sell as a fundraiser
- Donate a few hours of your professional expertise (lawyer, accountant, veterinarian, photographer, etc.)